Friday, February 1, 2013

A great day at an internship

We currently have a student from Illinois College, Meagan Donahue, completing an internship at the FUU Academy in Heidelberg. Yesterday, she had this to say about her day at work:




"I had to do a huge project today! At least 100 kids or so had to take a test today, the DSH Pruefung. Well I had to manage it all, I had to call out their I.D. numbers, line them up, check their passports, everything. Don't forget though that I had to do all of this speaking German. It was quite a task, but boy am I glad that I got assigned it. It helped me so much with my speaking, and leadership skills, and the best thing ever happened because of it.. BOTH of my bosses complimented me on my work ethic, they told me that I am a very good and strict leader and that my speaking skills have really improved, but most of all that they were proud of me!"

Just another example of a life-changing moment that makes the tough times while abroad worthwhile.

No comments: